As a disclaimer, even though he isn't one, I sometimes give Jason a hard time about being a "computer geek" because he is way smarter than me when it comes to techie stuff. However, it comes in handy a lot! In this case, Jason plays an online racing simulator every so often and became pretty good friends with Dale Earnhardt Jr. As a result, we have been able to get garage passes for a few NASCAR races. Since the track in Joliet is less than a 2-hour drive, he got us passes for the race there again this summer! If you aren't a big NASCAR fan it's probably not that cool to you but if you are then you understand completely.
With the awesome passes we were really up-close to all the drivers, crews and cars so we got some cool pictures. These are just a few from the first day:
Anybody got a spare?? These are a FEW tires for ONE team!
A look at the CAT car from inside the garage stalls.
Tony Stewart drove a special "Back to School" paint scheme on the Office Depot car. I loved the crayons on the front!
The guy on the left in the white polo shirt is J.R. Rhoades - Dale Jr's public relations guy who we email back and forth to about our passes. And you just might recognize the guy in the green.
Jimmie Johnson driving about 190 during practice. We were so excited to learn how to get a non-blurry photo! You can even read "Goodyear Eagle" on the tires. Way cool!
So that was a handful of photos from the first day in Chicagoland. If you have a particular car/driver you want photos of let me know because I promise you we got at least one of every single one!!
3 comments:
HaHa! I'm the first one to comment on this blog! Good pics, Brittany! You guys have great connections with the Earnhardt peeps! It is very interesting to me to see all the things they pack up for this and what measurements they have to have and all that geeky stuff that no one else even cares about, but I have no life, so I spend countless hours wondering these things!
OK, I'm back on task, now - sorry for the rambling on above!
Keep blogging and I love the pictures and Chris will too when he gets a chance to look at them!
I told you I was going to start commenting! I have seen your pics before of races and it always blows me away how close fans can get to the drivers its insane! Can't wait to see more!
Christy
Maybe I should make an account so I don't have to comment as anonymous...
Yeah for Brittany! Now you will become obsessed with how many comments you get on a daily basis!
How cool is the NASCAR passes, I truly can't say because I am not a fan but I am glad that you got passes. How cool is that!
Kori
Post a Comment