Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All Star Game

The last day of our whirlwind vacation! There was a red-carpet parade for all of the players and their families, which everyone thought was pretty cool. However, the streets were so packed we didn't get any photos of that. But here are the best pictures we DID get that day:


This is the world's biggest baseball! It is actually signed by a lot of awesome players. Pretty neat!

Okay, you may have to click on this one to make it bigger, but if you look close you'll see that Christy Burks has the 2nd fastest pitching speed of all women under 30 years old at 51 mph! There were thousands of people who went though Fanfest so that's pretty awesome. I lied about my throwing speed to get up on the board with her and then we forgot to take a photo of both of our names up there :) In reality I threw 47 mph (I think).


This was really neat - these are all baseballs with red and blue stitching and the All-Star logo on them. The ones on top are the "gold balls" that were used for the Homerun Derby. This whole "display" is actually the ink-drying rack. So cool!


View from seats.


My absolute favorite - the Budweiser Clydsedales!


This was the biggest flag I think I've ever seen, and the people holding it are all Army soldiers who JUST returned from Iraq. Gives you chills!



National League players watching the pre-game festivities.


American League players doing the same thing.

Missouri-native Sheryl Crow sang the National Anthem. She actually gave a free concert under the Arch for Stand Up 2 Cancer (before we got to St. Louis so we missed it)


Cardinal Hall-of-Famers


President Obama


President Obama shaking hands with Stan Musial


Obama with Pujols


This is Devin's favorite non-Cardinal player, Tim Lincecum. He throws really weird and we thought this picture was pretty neat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love the flag pictures! That would give me chills too! I wish I was in love with a sport like you guys! I could then say I had a hobby besides reading! Congrats to Christy for the pitching score!
Looks like everybody had a blast!

Kori

Grandma Cooper said...

Kori, you beat me to it -- I was going to comment on the flag picture too!!! It gave me chills just reading the caption to it! Do you suppose Albert told the President he should pitch the jacket he had on? LOL

The James Gang said...

Do you guys ever stay home? Go while you can - I wish Chris and I would have done more things like this before we had the girls! Great Pictures!

Grandma Budke said...

Loved ALL the pictures of the All-star game and congratulations to
Christy for her pitching score,too!
Glad to see the Dorfs adding to the blog,too!!

Grandma Budke said...

Loved ALL the pictures of the All-star game and congratulations to
Christy for her pitching score,too!
Glad to see the Dorfs adding to the blog,too!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my pic! Also, prolly going to have to steal some of your pics for some frames! Yours are waaaaaaaaay better than ours!

Christy

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template