Sunday, June 27, 2010

Project Complete!

We finished!! With a lot of hard work on a couple of very stuffy evenings, we managed to get this thing done! One day project - ha! More like one week.... but it is finally finished and I think it turned out pretty good. Now Jason has a nice little area for his grilling/smoker hobby to continue (so my eating lots of food hobby can also continue!). By the way - each of those stones weighs 27 lbs and the big flat "cap" on the pillar was over 100 lbs. You'd think we would've lost some weight this week by carrying those from Menards to the truck, then the truck to the backyard.... but you would be wrong :)


Ta-da! I think it looks good!

View from the back - we still have to fill in some dirt to sort of re-build the yard and plant some grass) but we got tired and will have to mess with that another day.

Of course it's not complete without the grill and smoker!

Perfect fit!

Now we'll have to have some of you over for a cookout - preferably when it's not storming this time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are ready for some cookout food now! Call us anytime! The whole area looks great! You guys did a fantastic job - especially during some of the hottest days of the summer. Mom

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

It looks great!!! I'm so jealous!...of the finished product, but not of the effort it took this stinkin' hot week!

The Burks said...

I'm ready for some food now too, beings how I will soon be able to eat whatever I want! It looks really good! A week for the project isn't too bad, especially with all the rain we have been having!

Anonymous said...

I love that and I love grilled and smoked food so I'm thinking you'll have to have everybody over sometime when I'm down!
It looks great, but I know how you feel about those projects that don't seem like they'll take long, but end up consuming a week of your time!

Thanks for posting!
Kim

The James Gang said...

That looks great, Britt! You guys are such great diys - I think you should come down and help me get started on my kitchen! The girls are still talking about visiting with you at the hospital. We might have to arrange a play date for them and Kevin:)

Karen

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template