Thursday, June 24, 2010

On to the next project...

We have been wanting to tackle this "small" project for a couple of summers now and just never took the plunge, but we figured we had a free weekend so let's just do it! Along the side of our little concrete patio in the back yard was a very junky-looking retaining wall and some even junkier-looking dirt/rock/grass area. So we thought we could put down some pavers and push the grill and smoker back in that little 3-foot area to make more room on the patio since that spot was just taking up space. Sooo..... here are some of the before and during photos. We are hoping to finish a cool retaining wall with a pillar (which would work great for a smoker table) either tonight or tomorrow night. So there will be more "After" pictures to come soon hopefully! You will also get to see the little critter we found that Kevin did NOT like the taste of - and yes I think he will lick anything .
Before shot. We had already taken down the little wall the previous owners had built. And Kevin is already licking his chops!
Another before shot.
Last Before shot.
Kevin's buddy. He wasn't entirely sure about him.
Hmmm... wonder what he tastes like?
Not good. He does NOT taste good.

This was still only day 1! It took way longer than we thought just to dig the darn hole.
Starting to look better!

Tada! Got all of the pavers down!
So far I think it looks way better.
If you will notice, Kevin thought I wasn't paying attention and decided to make a break for it!


This is the storm that blew up early one morning this week. The sky looked awesome and I still had the camera nearby so I took a couple of shots.
Sooooo eerie!



This was the other side of the yard - sunny sky and normal clouds. How weird.

Anyway, thanks for checking in to see what we're up to!

4 comments:

The Machlitt Family said...

Go you guys! It does look better! And I totally agree that the sky was eerie. Crazy!

The Burks said...

The patio project looks good! The clouds on the other hand look scary as hell! Oh and who can forget Kevin! I find it hilarious that he was trying to escape! Sneaky dog!

Anonymous said...

Starting to look good - can't wait for the rest of the pictures and see the end result. Your dad wants to do something with our patio - hmmmmmm - guess we know who to call for help:) Mom

Brittany said...

Oh no no no - your patio looks amazing. I wouldn't do a thing to it because it's perfect already :)

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template