Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chicagoland Speedway 2010

Last weekend was our seemingly yearly trip to Chicagoland Speedway to spend time in the garage with some pretty awesome people! We normally take a ton of pictures and since Jason even got to borrow a gigantic camera lens from a guy he works with, we took more than I care to admit! Here are some that I weeded out quickly - enjoy!


Dale Jr's truck drivers also do the cooking. You can imagine how badly we wanted to jump in and find out what they were having and to give some tips on the finer points of grilling! We did witness him grill pizza rolls after all...

It's amazing to be walking around minding your own business and just stumble upon Richard Petty!!

We just thought this was a really cool picture - The blue sky was amazing that day!

Another cool one: Jimmie Johnson climbing out of his car after qualifying.

Martin Truex Jr. getting out of his car. It's cool that we are able to get so close to the action!

Jeff Gordon climbing out of his car - look at all the media just waiting to get a shot! Oh wait, we probably looked like them from the other side :)

Jimmie Johnson talking to Kasey Kahne

Jimmie was so excited - his wife had their first child a few days earlier so he was all smiles. However, they took five days to finally name her! Genevieve Marie is what they ended up with.

Clint Bowyer doing an interview

Thanks for the garage passes buddy!

The sunsets at this race are amazing!




Our view during the race - we hung out with the Red Bull crew

And I've saved the best for last - just ask Jason :) His goal for the weekend was to get his picture taken with Danica Patrick and amazingly enough we checked that off the list first thing on Friday! She is tiny but seemed pretty nice (and nice-looking if you ask the guys) for the 30 seconds we talked to her :)


Thanks for checking in! Sorry for the usual NASCAR pictures but that's all I've got for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good good pics Britt (and Jason) Danica is really little - I always thought she was taller. Why didn't you mention that you talked to her in the ladies room? That was a good part of the story.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh - and I am starting to recognize some of these guys - that is really scary!:) Mom

Brittany said...

Hahaha I totally forgot to mention the bathroom story! And yeah she is little - I think I've read she's like 5' 1" but I'm not sure. She makes me look like a huge monster she's so little! And it's definitely scary that you are starting to recognize them all....

The James Gang said...

Those are awesome pictures, Btittany! You guys are so lucky to have the connections to beable to get that close to everyone. How exciting! The camera takes very clear pictures.

kj

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template