Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting Brownie Points With Mom!

While we were on vacation we decided that we wanted to check out the latest addition to Glen Oak Zoo - the new Africa exhibit. It was actually really neat - we were impressed! Being the wonderful daughter and son-in-law that we are, we invited Mom, the biggest zoo-fanatic ever, to go with us. It was a lot of fun! Here are some of the pictures we took:

This black swan was really cool!
If you look really close you'll notice that this zebra has a goatee. How ironic.
Dumbest thing all day: When we paid to get into the zoo the lady told us since it was a little rainy that they had put the giraffes "away". Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling giraffes have stood in the rain before.... and the pen where they were "put away" in had no roof. Genius.

This lion was behind glass (obviously) but I thought the picture turned out pretty well.
This reminds me of Kevin sleeping. However I don't think the lion was snoring as loud. These rhinos kept slipping in the mud. We were waiting for one to fall to see what they would do but it never happened. Probably for the best. So pretty!
I have no idea what these are but they were play fighting with each other. It was so neat!
Glen Oak Zoo has the skinniest tiger ever! He did come right up to us but it was probably because he hoped to get something to eat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I love the zoos. Don't ask me why either. Had a good time with you guys. Mom

The Watson's said...

Brittany you got some awesome pictures! Looks like you had a great time :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gail -- awesome pictures!!!! Maybe you love zoos, Stace, because we didn't get to go much when we were young. We'll see how your kids are as adults, if they always go or not, since you took them all the time!!!

Ruth

Mike (Dad) said...

BTW... You got some brownie points from me for not having to go myself to take your mom! haha!

Anonymous said...

I really had no idea that there were black swans! How neat! I love the picture of the rhino!
Maybe next time we are down I will have to go!
Love - Kori

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template