Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bristol Trip

Jason and I made the 10-hour drive to Bristol, Tennessee last weekend to see the coveted Bristol Night Race. It was a BLAST! The weather was good, the race was good - we couldn't ask for much more (except maybe for a shorter drive). Here are some of the better pictures we took while we were there:

This is a view of the track from near where we parked. We made a donation to park behind a nearby church and that worked out great. Plus, we had a great view!

This one shows how close the track is to a main road (which thank goodness we didn't choose to take) and I love the mountain in the background.


Here's what that mountain looks like from inside the track.


Mark Martin was making his 1000th start so they had the fans at one end do a "Card Stunt". We hate this driver so we didn't really care but seeing one of those card stunts in person was pretty cool!

This was the other Card Stunt that they did during a tribute to the Armed Forces.

A view of the track at night (since the race was actually at night)
This picture isn't really in focus good or anything but I love the parachuter above all the fans!

Kyle Busch ended up beating Mark Martin to win the race, and this is Kyle celebrating at the start/finish line.

Everyone hates this guy because one time he wrecked Dale Earnhardt Jr so he gets booed all the time (plus he's a smart@$$) so to egg on the fans he always bows when he wins. It's hilarious.

This one is hard to see unless you blow it up but we got a good picture of Kyle celebrating in Victory Lane with the pyro in the back!
On the way back home we stopped at a few places to take pictures of the awesome views out there. The weather was pretty hazy that day so they aren't great but it's still gorgeous!
So neat!!


4 comments:

Dad said...

Great pics. Was the haze in the night picture from fog or exhaust?

Love the scenery pictures too. Really pretty country to drive thru.

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

How fun! I wish Nick and I would have taken more trips like that BC (before Colby)! I love the pictures of the mountains...I like the haze!!

See you Friday night!

Anderson said...

I agree, Kelly! I was talking to Christine about how I wondered why Scott and I didn't take any trips before we had Jacob. Looking back, I wish we would have. But now I realize it's because all of our trips are taken to Illinois!!!
Fun pictures! You two are totally devoted...ten hours!! No bumper though, huh! Bummer!

Thanks for posting!
Kim

Grandma Budke said...

Neat pictures,Britt,I especially liked the mountains,but the race ones are good,too!

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template