Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Saga of the Washer and Dryer

So last weekend we were peacefully doing laundry as we seem to do every weekend, when the tragedy happened: our dryer quit drying. Granted, our "harvest gold" washer and hand-me-down dryer have been loyal to us for a long time and we knew this day would come, but that didn't make it any easier. So the next day I called home and asked to do my laundry at Mom and Dad's house (which I don't think I've done since college!) and we managed to get through the week without wearing a dirty shirt.


(BTW - Thanks mom and dad!)

After a little research and a coupon purchase from eBay, we went to Lowe's on Friday and ordered a brand new, matching washer and dryer for the first time. (I think I'm officially a grown-up now that I have gotten excited over new laundry appliances.) The set got delivered today and while the delivery guys were installing it, I took Keverino upstairs where he isn't normally allowed. He roamed around for awhile and then I decided to take him up to the bedrooms to see what he would do. He had only been up there once or twice so I figured it would be entertaining! Let's just say, even though he has two beds and two couches in the basement where he can sleep, I think he found a new favorite spot!


"Wow, what's this? Huh? Huh? Huh?"
I love ceiling fans...

YEAH!



Gotta test out the bed!


Yep, I think this will work just fine!


Even this corner is comfy!

And finally, after being up all day long (normally he sleeps all day while we're at work) he finally crashed out at 8:00pm on the couch.

He crashed really hard too - we had to turn up the TV because he was snoring so loudly!
Ugh. All in a day's work.


Here are pictures of the washer and dryer per Gail's request! :) I obviously stole these from another website but it's good enough!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures of the new washer and dryer????? so what kind and color of washer and dryer did you get????

aunt gail

Brittany said...

LOL I didn't even think of taking pictures of those! They're just white but they are Maytag front-load and we're still getting used to them because they are so different from the old ones! I'll see what I can do about getting you a picture :)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! I hope to get front load when mine take a dump, but they are only 5 years old and the seem to last forever!!!

aunt gail

Brittany said...

They are really cool but hard to get used to! They take so much less detergent and water but they take longer to wash so we're still trying to get used to them. The dryer is FANTASTIC though! Hopefully that means I"ll quit shrinking all our clothes...

Anonymous said...

okay, so i love your bedroom and your dog cracks me up! i am so jealous of your new washer and dryer!ben moved ours downstairs yesterday and i prayed they would fall down thestairs and break! i am excited for you, it is like christmas!

kori

Brittany said...

Thanks Kori! That bedroom was pink when we moved in but we had no idea what color to paint and ended up on blue - which we think is a little TOO blue, but I've grown to like it. It's a little shocking at first though!

And the new washer and dryer are great - so QUIET! Almost too quiet because we can't hear the buzzer... but it is definitely like an early Christmas!

Anderson said...

Your dog cracks me up! He has such a funny personality! He seems to really study everything around him!

I totally know how you're feeling about the new washer and dryer. We bought a new set in January and I couldn't quit watching them work! I know this sounds dumb, but Scott thought that I had boughten him a new shirt just like one of his others and I had to explain to him that I had only just washed his old one in the new washer! I know, sounds dumb, but it seriously does a better job!

Thanks for posting!
Kim

Brittany said...

I'm just hoping that the new dryer will prevent me from shrinking everything :)

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template