Last week Jason's Mom emailed to say that his nephew Gunnar tried out and made the travelling baseball team! They were going to be playing in a tournament in Morrisonville that weekend and she thought we might like to come watch him play. Since we didn't have anything going on (for once!) we decided to drive down there and spend the afternoon at the ballgame. We showed up and boy was Gunnar surprised - nobody had told him we were coming!
It turns out the coach asked Gunnar to catch and he loved it! Even though it was REALLY hot he played the whole first game behind the plate, and a few innings in the second game, too! He was pretty proud that he got to play so much. We took our camera and these are a few of the better pictures we got. I can't believe he is this old already but that makes it fun to watch!
I think he resembles Yadi with all that gear on!
Getting some coaching from the dugout
Trying to get that darn mask on. Just a bit sweaty!
Almost got it!
Steeeeeee-rike!
I think this is one of his great hits!
Waiting to circle the bases
Mom cooling him off while Dad fixes his shin-guards.
Ready for Game 2!
Yes, I'm awesome you don't have to keep telling me :)
I'm so glad we were able to come watch the games Gunnar - we are so proud of you!
6 comments:
OMG - I can't believe how big he is. He looks awesome behind the plate. (reminds me of when Patrick used to catch) Good Pics Britt
I agree with Stacy, I can't believe how big he is! Apparently you don't show us pictures of him enough! Looks like he had a blast though. Baseball rocks!
How old is he?! I thought he looked like a teenager in the first picture! Then I saw his face and realized he must not be.
He looks like he really knows what he's doing!
Thanks for posting!
Kim
I believe Gunnar will be 8 in December but I could be a year off? Too old too fast I know that!
I love his name! He is going to be one of those kids in high school that is super cute with the cool name! He must be quite a trooper, I probably would have called it quits after the first inning!
These were really good pictures, do you have a high tech camera too?!?!
Kori
When you see a newborn baby named Gunnar it doesn't quite seem to go together, but it definitely fits him! He's such a great kid :) Not a lot goes with the last name Micnheimer (mice-en-hime-err) but it kinda flows!
Jason bought a nice camera a couple of summers ago - a Canon T1i - that we are still learning how to use! He is WAAAY better than I am with it (for me everything is on automatic LOL). I want to take a class but haven't actually done it yet. It's so fun to feel like you're taking better pictures even if you're not :)
Post a Comment