Sunday, April 18, 2010

Longest game EVER

Mark it down now - I will bet anyone that we never attend a longer Major League Baseball game than the one we went to yesterday/night!! A whopping 20 innings and nearly 7 hours of very pathetic baseball, with the awesomeness of great seats and free food/beer ended up being a pretty good time! Devin and Christy decided that they wanted to get a party box of all-inclusive tickets. We DEFINITELY have to do that again next summer! The seats were great. The free food was a buffet of hot dogs, nachos, bbq chicken, brisket and the most delicious brownies I have ever eaten in my life. (please note that I refered to brownies - plural not singular - however I will not disclose the amount I actually consumed. Give me a break - they were FREE!!). Plus free beer, soda, and pink lemonade. Definitely worth the price!!

We took the camera because this is the first time the whole Burks family went to a ballgame together in many, many years (surprisingly enough) so mom was totally excited to get a family photo of us all in our Cardinals stuff. I saved that one for last, but here are some other pictures we took:


It's always good to see Fredbird when you walk up to the Stadium! So entertaining even though I'm supposd to be an adult :)

It was kids day so one kid got to go on the field and stand with each player before the game. Sooo jealous! Again..... too bad I have to be an adult!

I just like this one! I could watch him for the entire game if he was on the field the whole time!

Awww aren't they cute - the smile is because the game was the kickoff to their vacation to MEXICO! Losers wouldn't take us with them.

Albert is so good he doesn't even need to WEAR his glove.

This meeting looks serious. Actually I think Garcia still had a no-hitter at this point so it WAS serious.

Mary and Patrick after they FINALLY got to the game (like an hour late!). He made up for missing an hour of free beer though :) And I doubt Mary will ever want to go to another ballgame with us again after that marathon!

Devin decided to come to our section to say "Hi". Oh yeah, did I mention we also had TVs?!?!

Mom wanted to get a picture of me and Jason, however she didn't realize that Patrick was trying to make a cameo. Wonder if he touched any of the buffet with that finger.....


Much better!


After taking that photo, Mom was worn out so she decided to relax with a book. Seriously who reads a book at a ballgame?! I don't think that's allowed....

Here was the family photo Mom told us a thousand times that we all had to do before we left. Coming to a Christmas Card near you.....

This makes you wonder what the photographer did to get this reaction. Just kidding - Mary took the photo and didn't do anything - my brothers are just that weird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mark it down now - I will bet anyone that we never attend a longer Major League Baseball game than the one we went to yesterday/night!!"

I donno if you can say you went to a 20 inning game, more like 13 or something. who leaves early in a 0-0 game? lol

Devin "ive been to a 20 inning game" Burks

Anonymous said...

1. Yes I purposefully touched EVERY single piece of food on the buffet. It took about an hour but I didnt miss much of the game.
2. Someone said the word "dance" before that last picture and I busted out into dance. I thought it was just natural.

Patrick "leaving after 13 innings is for losers" Burks

a.k.a. The World's Best Dancer.

Brittany said...

We left after inning #16!!!! That doesn't mean we didn't "ATTEND" a longer game! I didn't say we stayed for the whole thing, I just said we attended it :)

I choose my words carefully :)

And it's not like we left for no reason - if you have ever seen the size of Kevin's poop it was worth leaving 4 innings early to not have to clean that out of the carpet!

Brittany "I've also BEEN to a 20 inning game" Dorf

Anonymous said...

I disagree - If you didnt stay for 20, you cant say you've been to a 20 inning game. You could say you have been to PART of a 20 inning game. Thats like saying you ran a marathon... but quit after mile 1.

Agree to disagree, lol

Dad said...

Great pics! The big smile from mom and I is also because we had no idea how many more innings were in front of us!

We literally only got about 2 1/2 hours sleep before we had to get up and go to the airport!

Still it was a great time and I really enjoyed having the chance to be at the game with the whole family. The length of the game may have been my fault... I was having so much fun I may have said something like "I wish this would never end!" haha

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Great pics, Britt!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog theme...it's so you guys!

and, love the family picture...but most of all the one where Patrick is picking his nose. :)

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template