Today I was busy enough that I didn't take a ton of pictures myself, but Carly was nice enough to get some shots of Christy opening her gifts. Thanks Carly! It was great to see a bunch of family that we don't see often - Kim was here from Minnesota and Kelly came from down south, and I got to meet some of Christy's family from Earlville and Lincoln - we had a great turn out! The food was yummy and I think everyone had a good time, so I will say it was a success!
Here are some of the better pictures from the shower:
Since Christy and Devin had originally picked out some Dr. Seuss bedding that was the
shower theme we went with! Such fun stuff!
The only game was for everyone to fill out their guesses for birth date and time, and the baby's length and weight. Christy put together a gift basket for a prize but we'll have to wait to see who wins!!
Mom showing off the food table even though her casserole isn't on it yet :) The food was fantastic!! Thanks to all of my helpers who brought goodies!
Awwwwww isn't that cute. Notice Chrity's eye-rolling...
There were so many adorable gifts - now they just have to find room for it all!
Finally got to meet some of Christy's family, which was awesome!
So glad Toni and Sydney were able to come!
"Now don't be taking pictures of me...."
Ella was way more cooperative!! What a cutie :)
Sofia and Colby seemed to play so good together! Sofia kept trying to share with Colby, who wasn't paying much attention. She was busy pointing out her pretty hair!
"Miss Colby, I believe you would love this refreshing beverage that you placed on the floor earlier"
"Why thank you ever so much Miss Sofia, I will gladly partake in the refreshments!"
One of the funniest things today was that Henry was in awe of Devin (and I still have no idea why...). He would stare at him anytime he was nearby and he even followed him around and wanted held! Can you tell Devin is thrilled? I'm thinking he really wanted his apple juice with the crazy straw...
Sofia didn't want left out either. Good practice! He is just thankful they are only having one at a time!
Sofia is such a doll!
Annd and Emma are trying to talk Karen into taking home as many of the goofy table decorations as they can. Kim is investigating the cupcakes - she may just be confused by the way they are iced.... we tried to be creative but the execution wasn't great :) It's the thought that counts, right?
I hope everyone had a good time and got plenty to eat! I know Christy is extremely appreciative of those who came and brought such nice gifts - what a great family this little girl is going to be born into! (not that I'm biased or anything)
Thanks for checking in! :)
8 comments:
These pics are great!!! I had a great time today - you did a fantastic job Britt!!! I really think you and your cousins should get a business going. You are all so creative. Mom
Fantastic job Brittany! So glad Christy & Devin have such a great sister and the baby will have such a fun aunt (and Grandpa). Really turned out well... the shower and you!
Awww you guys are so nice :) Thanks for the sweet comments!!
Thanks for posting the pictures Brittany!!! I was sad I couldn't be there, I missed all of you :)
Devin, thanks for taking such good care of my kids :)
Christine
Grrrrrrrrrrr! I commented on this once, but I guess I need to learn that it never shows up on people's blogs when I comment from my phone!
I had a great time at the shower and I know everyone else did. You did an AMAZING job and I appreciate it very much as does Baby Burks. She will def be wearing her I <3 aunt shirt as soon as she can fit into it!
Also, you got some good pics! Thanks again!
Christine - your kids ADORED Devin!! In fact I was holding Henry (who was completely content btw) and when Devin walked by he practically lept out of my arms wanting him! Then Sophia was at his feet wanting held, too. I think Devin must have been feeding them or something - that's the only explanation I could come up with :)
And Christy - you are welcome! It was fun to plan and I hope the next one(s) are just as fun!! And she definitely will have to wear her I <3 my auntie onesie at least once - I couldn't pass it up :)
The shower was awesome, Brittany...except for that noisy bunch in the corner who were very rude and distracting...oh wait, that was my family! Sorry for our loudness...we're easily distracted when together.
It was way fun to see everyone! Great job again, Brittany...and I LOVED your commentary on the pix of Colby and Sofia!!!
This was such a fun shower! And if you were the one who decorated, you are so hired if we ever start a wedding coordinating business!
I was in awe of the cupcakes actually! They were so cool!! You guys are so creative!!
I'm glad I was able to make it and see everybody! Now, just can't wait for that baby to get here!!!
Kim
Post a Comment