When we got up this morning there was not a cloud in the sky and the sun was out! Since we couldn't remember the last time we had seen the sun for more than 30 seconds, we decided to take a trip to Starved Rock with the hopes of getting some cool pictures of the fall colors. We no sooner got up there and got into the trees and the clouds rolled in. Plus, 90% of the trees there were still green! So no luck with great sunny fall photos but here are a couple that turned out okay. Maybe we'll try again in a few weeks...
A look down one of the creeks
This was a really cool waterfall down into one of the canyons
One of the very few trees that wasn't green!
5 comments:
These are great pictures - been a long time since I have been up there. Glad you had a good day even without sun/cool colors. Mom
Devin says, and I quote, "You guys are soooo lame". At least you still got some cool pics even though it wasn't as fall-ish out as you would have liked.
I believe Devin spent last weekend mowing, doing laundry and cleaning out his closet.... way less lame?
Too funny! That sucks that the trees were not fallish! We had planned a trip to Michigan to check out the fall colors but never made it! If you guys are lame then we are too! Although I did clean my closet out tonight!
Love - Kori
Neat pictures! Where in the world is Starved Rock? I've never heard of it. And, I have to say, this is totally a Ben and Kori thing to do...well maybe just Ben. I never think to go spend a day venturing to see natural landscapes!
I'm jealous of your ambition and believe that it is definitely NOT lame!!!
Kim
Post a Comment